Ravinder Samra, MD, FACOG
• Maternal / Fetal Medicine
• Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
• Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (FACOG)
Hurley Medical Center, Michigan State University
• Medical Degree – St. Louis University
• Bachelor of Science with honors – University of British Columbia, Canada
Dr. Samra can see you for:
• Complete prenatal care
• Preventive care
• Medical & surgical treatment of gynecological disorders including infertility and bladder leakage
• Pelvic organ prolapse, laparoscopic surgery
• Bio-identical hormone therapy
• On-site ultrasound
Obstetrical Treatment Services
• Fertility counseling that can include intrauterine insemination
• Family planning
• Complete prenatal care that include ultrasound services and amniocentesis testing onsite
• Postpartum care
Gynecology Treatment Services
• Yearly gynecological exams and pap smears
• Pelvic pain
• Endometriosis and menstrual irregularities
• Management of peri-menopause and menopause symptoms that can include forms of hormone replacement therapy
• Gynecological surgery including endometrial ablation and supracervical hysterectomy
Female bladder control problems and pelvic organ prolapse; urinary incontinence can become an issue for some women as they age. Unfortunately, many of the millions of women who suffer bladder issues do not seek care out of embarrassment. Urogynecology is an OB/GYN sub-specialty that treats these symptoms. Dr. Samra has great experience in treating female bladder issues both medically and with less invasive surgical procedures, such as the vaginal sling procedures.
Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery
Dr. Samra has a special interest in laparoscopic surgery. Laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery offers faster recovery, shorter hospital stays, less pain and scarring.
In addition, Dr. Samra has a robotic surgical system used by surgeons worldwide. The Da Vinci® surgical system features special instruments that magnify, bend and rotate. These features enable your surgeon to operate with enhanced vision, precision, dexterity and control.
“Whenever possible, I like to avoid surgery to correct problems. If surgery is the only option, I try to do the least invasive surgery to correct the problem.”
A shorter hospital stay means:
• Less blood loss
• Fewer complications
• Less need for narcotic pain medicine
• A faster recovery
• Smaller incisions associated with minimal scarring
Dr. Samra enjoys reading, running and spending time with his family. He has a special interest in laparoscopic surgery and was an early adopter of the da Vinci® Robotic System for surgery. He grew up in Vancouver, Canada, practiced Ob/Gyn medicine in Michigan and Bellingham, Washington prior to joining Lourdes Health Network.
He and his staff are partners in your healthcare. He will acquaint you with all your women’s healthcare options and help you make the best possible decisions.