May 13, 2016
Did you know 20% of youth ages 13 to 18 live with a mental health condition?
It’s true. In fact, approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S suffer with a mental illness at some point in their life. An estimated 46% of homeless adults live with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders.
Consequences of Lack of Treatment
• Mood disorders, major depression, dysthymic disorder and bipolar disorder are the third most common cause of hospitalization in the U.S. for youth and adults aged 18-44.
• Adults in the U.S. living with serious mental illness die on average 25 years earlier than others, largely due to treatable medical conditions.
• Over one-third (37%) of special education students with a mental health condition age 14-21 and older drop out — the highest dropout rate of any disability group.
• Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. and the 2nd leading cause of death for people aged 15-24.
• More than 90% of children who die by suicide have a mental health condition.
• Each day an estimated 18-22 veterans die by suicide.
This past year we saw a 25% increase in outpatient visits. Lourdes is the largest provider of Behavior Health Services in Southeastern Washington. Our team of expert providers use evidence based treatment practices and includes five board certified psychiatrists.
Lourdes offers inpatient and outpatient services
• Assessment & Referral (adults, adolescents and children)
• Counseling & Case Management (adults, adolescents and children)
• 32-Bed Licensed Psychiatric Hospital (adults) > Jail Services (adults)
• 16-Bed Crisis Unit – Transitions (adults) > Medication Management (adults, adolescents and children)
• Residential Services & Supported Living (adults) > Children’s Day Program (school based)
• Substance Use Disorder Treatment (adults)